Search

Sunday 16 December 2012

going healthy II

Okay, I know I should seriously stop spamming you all with random posts but I really need to get all of these recipes off my chest so I don't start crying in agony about how I have too many recipes to post and not enough time and when I do get the time I don't post and it just turns terrible.

I've really been struggling with my weight and my body image since coming to AC. In all honesty, I've never really had my thighs rub together but I didn't have a complete "thigh gap" either. I felt really good in my body and I was honestly quite thin but muscular.

I've essentially turned into a tub of lard since coming to AC -- and I'm ready to change that. All my muscles are covered with a good ol' layer of fat and I'm off to kill it.

I think it all starts with diet -- 70% diet, 30% exercise, right?

Right.

My goal was to go to the gym every day for the rest of this month but I think I'm going to take a step back. I can't fuel my exercises with absolutely terrible, carb-laden food day in and day out like I have for the past three months. I'm going to take this month and use it to reshape the way I see nutrition and everything. I'm going to make sure that I eat right. It takes 21 days to form habits -- that's what I've got.

Obviously I don't expect to make myself absolutely perfect, but I've got to practice moderation and I have to remind myself of what it feels like to eat well and treat my body well. So I guess this will be the beginning.

Here's the description that I wrote for it when I put it on my Tumblr:

I think I’ve just regained my love of salad. I’m Chinese, so I grew up eating rice to “bland out” the stronger flavors of meat and other dishes. Now, I love rice and I’ll never stop eating it because it’s part of who I am and it’s part of my culture and my upbringing. However, salad really does offer a great alternative. The lettuce basically replaces the rice - it helps provide balance to the strong, distinct flavors of the salmon and the chicken breast chunks.
This is a great recipe and the portion is HUGE. And it’s a bit over the amount of calories that are usually in my recipes, but seriously, this there’s so much food in here it’s ridiculous.

Smoked Salmon and Grilled Chicken Breast
3 oz smoked salmon
4 oz grilled chicken breast, cut into bite-sized chunks
1 head romaine lettuce, shredded
5 cherry tomatoes, halved

Toss all the ingredients into a bowl. Serve immediately.

0 comments:

Post a Comment