Search

Monday 10 December 2012

borough market: take two




I have so much stuff to say today it's ridiculous. This is because I was stupid and have not updated in way too long which is not very good. My laptop is also currently dying (i.e. running dangerously low on battery) so that's not too great either.

Let's go in chronological order. Because I want to put up pictures from London from October Break (yes... a month and a half later.) This is also because my post on London was absolutely terrible and I want to redo it.

A burrito which was actually a lot more appetizing (and expensive) than it looks.


Random birds that were for sale, I suppose. I'd love to try game birds sometime.



Hanging pufferfish!

Fresh seafood.

It was really crowded.

la;skdjfzd,.sd;lfakjsdfa macarons.















Oh hullo M. Blumenthal. How do you do?


There was a kitchen demonstration!









Before going to Borough Market, I was completely unaware of the huge variety of olive oils there are.

I also didn't know there could be so much cheese.

...or jam.

I definitely didn't expect chilli jam.


This stuff was actually really good. It was 3.50 per (tiny) pot but it was very, very good. I think I had the pheasant and the rabbit.
And this is what it looked like. It was really good.



This granola was quite nice as well.

I bet the Nigerians at AC could stomach this :)

If I could, I would just buy this entire freaking stall. 
I loved Dukka and Rogan Josh and Tikka Masala.

I can't stop bragging about seeing Heston Blumenthal.
Look! There he is again!

A Middle Eastern Salad, as olive oil was being drizzled in.

Lots of Turkish delights, I believe.

A cool British guy showing me what oxtail looked like.


...and I still have no idea what wheatgrass is.

Yay juice.

NOW I KNOW WHAT FIGS ARE.

This burger actually looks really good. It tasted okay; not as good as it looks though ;)

Parma ham!

This bread was huge.

Gotta love dem sausages.

YES. ASIAN GUY MAKING FRESH OYSTER.

omnomnomnom.

I. NEED. MEAT.

and more meat.

AND A HOT DOG.
Okay that was the end of my Borough Market ramble. I absolutely loved it there... it's one of the reasons why I want to go to London for post-secondary education. The amount of food there is incredible and it really opened my eyes to a world of gastronomy and culinary science that I didn't even know existed. I honestly had the best time there, and I was so angry that I didn't have enough money to buy anything, not really even lunch for myself. It was so frustrating. I love food and I love to call myself a *foodie* but I'm not sure if I can really qualify, seeing as I can't make food to save my life. Hopefully I'll be able to do something over the summer.

On another point, here are some pictures from the food co-op that I've been helping to run at AC this term. It was super stressful getting all the orders, handling money, and chasing people down all by myself but it worked for a week or two. I'll probably start up again next term but I don't know how successful it'll be, as I think a lot of people see me as at least somewhat unreliable :/

Salad bag.

fruit bag.
Okay I think that's enough for today. I'm pretty tired and it's past midnight already. I'll update some more tomorrow or something (or on the plane/at the airport back home in FOUR DAYS.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment